Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Have fun with Sprouting!!!

Hi All!

I discovered sprouting about 18 months ago and I am learning more every day. I sprout Broccoli, Radish, Alfalfa, Fenugreek, Lentils, and just about anything that can be sprouted.

Of course I only use organic seeds which I purchase on the internet. You have no idea how healthy sprouting is and how much fun. The secret to good sprouting is HOW YOU SPROUT THE SEEDS!!

I have used mason jars, professional sprouting trays and I've even built my own sprouting trays.

They all worked just fine but the main part is rinsing and draining. With mason jars being so heavy, and breakable, well I have found the magic solution. At least it works perfectly for me.

I use vegetable steamers. Those collapsible steamers that when you close them up, they look like accordions.

I have various sizes and they work just fine. I have made several videos on sprouting. My latest videos show how I sprout using the steamers. Here's a link to these videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsC7k1HmeSs

After viewing this video, just look to the right and you'll see a link to my previous sprouting videos. I learn new things every single day.

If I get any new sprouting tips, I'll post them here.

Sprouting is fun, healthy and most of all ......CHEAP!!

lol

Melody

No comments:

Post a Comment