Friday, February 19, 2010

Great Tip on rinsing and draining

Hi everyone:

Here's a really good sprouting tip!!

I discovered something VERY INTERESTING THIS MORNING. I found an even easier method of rinsing and draining. I know you mist by the windowsill (I used to do this but for me it didn't do the trick (maybe because I used the green sprouting trays). All I got was wilted sprouts.

So, as you know, I now use the steamers and for a few days before they go into the steamers, I use colanders.

Well, this morning I had 6 colanders of microgreens (one day old), and two green trays of fenugreek (2 days old). So usually, I would go over to the kitchen sink, hold the colander or green tray under the running water, take my hands, move the sprouts around, and then plop them on the big home-made drain board that sits behind the sink.

For some reason, I got this idea "WHY NOT JUST HAVE A BOWL OF WATER IN THE SINK AND DUNK THEM".

So I filled a bowl with water, and in 5 seconds flat, I had dunked ALL my colanders and green trays and placed them on the drainboard.

I said "wow, how fast was this.?" All the sprouts got a good drink, and now they are draining nicely. I will then put them back on the shelves and cover them up.

what do you think? I see no reason how this system would not work. It's extremely fast, the sprouts don't go anywhere, you don't lose any sprouts in the sink or bowl that's filled with water.

I just take the colander with the sprouts inside the, dunk them for a few seconds until I know they have a good drink, and pick up the colander.

I do this with them all. Just imagine all the water I saved? No running water, the SAME WATER IS USED TO GIVE ALL OF THE SPROUTS A NICE DRINK!!!

Later!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment